CE Academy uniform/dress code
All young people (Key Stage 3 and 4) are given the option of a free tie and top with the CE Academy logo:
- a jumper
- a hooded top
- or a zipped top
Our Key Stage 3 uniform
Young people attending the CE Academy should wear the following uniform:
- BLACK trousers or skirt
- WHITE shirt/polo shirt/t-shirt (plain – no logo)
- BLACK sweatshirt (with or without CE Academy logo)
- BLACK footwear – must be all black and polishable with no clear logo. This may include trainers if they meet these requirements, but we advise discussing with staff first.
- CE Academy tie optional
Our Key Stage 4 dress code
Uniform is voluntary for Key Stage 4. Young people should wear suitable daytime clothing and only hard soled footwear is acceptable.
Young people may be asked to return home to change if they arrive at school inappropriately dressed.
The following are not acceptable as school wear:
- Low cut tops
- Thin leggings that reveal underwear
- Any clothing that reveals underwear
- Crop tops
- Hot pants (knee length shorts only)
- Body suits
Any specific uniform required for vocational provisions will be provided free of charge, with the expectation that it is returned when no longer required. It is a requirement for many accredited courses to wear the correct uniform. Pupils will not be able to participate in a course if they do not wear the required uniform. It is also essential for pupils to wear the correct safety uniform for health and safety reasons.
For health and safety reasons, some vocational activities may require pupils to tie back long hair, remove piercings and/or refrain from wearing false nails.